Expand my Community achievements bar.

Using auth key to find existing session

Former Community Member

I wanted to know if it is possible to pass an AuthenticationKey to the AdobeHSAuthenticator and have it find the existing session that I was logged into.  Currently when I do this the the connect session logs me in again so now in the roster I would see chris turner 1 and chris turner 2.  I wanted to know if its possible so that chris turner 1 is the only being displayed in the roster.  The use case for this would be that I have two separate flex applications that I would like to login to the same room as the same person. 

Thanks.

-chris   

1 Reply

Employee

If you run two Flex applications (or two instances of the same application) at the same time and with the same user you will see two entries in the roster. They are for the same user (if you look at the debugging messages the user id will be the same for both of them) but we add a suffix to the name to identify the application instance.

Physically there are two network connection to the application, so you have to entries in the roster. What is the use case for wanting to see only one ?

If you really want to you can easily build your own roster (a list populated by the user manager collection of users) and filter out the "duplicates".