Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

User cannot save data in distributed form

Former Community Member

I've designed a form through LiveCycle Designer, saved a distributed version of the form, and manually distributed it via email to a number of users at different organizations to populate and submit back via email.

One user is reporting that when she opens the form, she is given the message at the top that she cannot save the form with entered data. Other users are able to save entered data and we tested the form internally to ensure it would function this way. She saved the emailed .PDF form locally prior to opening it and is using Reader 8.1.  When creating the form, I set the default Target Version as "Acrobat and Adobe Reader 8.0 or later"

She is currently unable to update to a more recent version of Reader due to limited administrative rights on her computer (though I was under the impression 8.1 should be sufficient).  Any insight in to what may be causing this would be greatly appreciated.

6 Replies

Former Community Member

Did you Reader Extend the form before sending it out?

Paul

Former Community Member

I'm not sure where I would have done that in LiveCycle if not through the setting I mentioned above.  However, if appears the answer is yes.

When I open the distributed form in Acrobat Pro and go to Advanced > Extend Features in Adobe Reader I'm give a pop-up which says:

"This document already has enabled usage rights in Adobe Reader.

To remove Reader Enablement, use File > Save a Copy"

Former Community Member

Then I am at a loss to understand why they cannot save it ....do you know which version of Reader they are using?

Also which version of Acrobat did you use to Extend the file?

Paul

Former Community Member

They are using Reader 8.1.

When I distrubted the form through the option in LiveCycle, it reloaded the form in Acrobat 9.2.  Again, other users are able to save the form with data, so I presume the issue is on her end.

I didn't know if there was perhaps something with her administrative rights that would limit her ability to save...

Former Community Member

Once it is extended they can save ..there are no rights after that ....unless she cannot write to that location in the harddrive or something like that. Does the saveas dialog come up? Can she choose a new filename or location?

Paul

Former Community Member

Huh.  She's able to save the document, but says that the message in the header indicates she cannot save with data.  Perhaps she is using an older version of the form itself which did not have the rights properly set which I had previously distributed --  though she claimed not to be.  Thanks for the help.