Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Use form data in Multiple forms

Level 1

Hello all, newbie here and I can't seem to find an answer to my issue.  So I have a preliminary form that a user fills out and submits.  That is working fine.  I then capture the data in an output variable in xml format.  I then want to take this xml data and format it to fit into another form.  So the exact thing I want to do is this.  In the original form most of the choices are check boxes for needed hardware and software.  This comes through in the xml file as a 1 or 0.  So here is where I get lost.  I now need to merge that data into another form for someone else but I need to basically create a table in a new form that only has the hardware of software choices in it.   I'm kind of lost on what I should do here, should I format the xml data in a process or on a new form or before the data gets to xml???  Also how do I get the 1's and 0's to actual legible data.  Like I said I am a complete newbie here and still learning the system.   Even if somebody can point me in the right direction on how to approach this and achieve what I'm looking for that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply

Former Community Member

The settings for the on/off values of the checkbox are controlled by you in Designer. Give these on/off values a better setting and you will not have to change it. This can be done in the Object/Binding palette. Now that you have better data you can import the xml data file (from the 1st form) into designer and create bindings between the fields on the 2nd form and the nodes in the xml. Now all that s left is merging the data file onto the 2nd form. This can be done in the renderForm service.

Hope that helps

Paul