Expand my Community achievements bar.

Unidentified "Untitled <draw>" object in table cell

Level 2

Using LiveCyle 8.2.1x and Acrobat Extended Pro 9.1.2.

I have a table on my LC form, and in one cell I've got some text.  For some reason, I can't edit, access, or even click on that text object anymore.  In the Hierarchy tab, it shows as "Untitled <draw>", with a question-mark icon.  When ever I click on that node (or on the table cell on the form), it sends me to the root node (i.e., the form container).

It appears that any reference to the object is missing in/from the script editor, so maybe I accidentally deleted any reference from there (initialize event?).

How can I restore/access this object?

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi Bryan,

Have you tried to edit the object in the XML Source view (under the View ... XML Source menu).

I haven't had the problem myself but you should be able to delete the object from the XML Source view.

Bruce

Level 2

Thanks, Bruce.  That worked!

Bryan

Level 2

I have been having this problem for a while now, after code diving for a day I have found that the script

<ui>

<textEdit/>

</ui>

has been falling out randomly for some reason.  I inserted the script above the <value> line and the text box is editable again.  THANK YOU LORD!!!

Level 1

I had the same issue. I fixed it as per the instructions from some of the other members but I wondered how I was getting the problem in the first place.

It turns out, that if you hit Enter in some table cells, you get this problem. So I tried it with Enter and Shift-Enter and the latter works better.

For whatever reason, LC doesn't like a hard-return in a table cell. It seems to prefer a soft-return.

Cheers

Level 1

OH THANK THE LORD

that worked, thanks for the clarity on what to do...

for anyone else having this issues

1. Click on view at the top

2.Choose XML Source

3. In your "Hierarchy" click on the table row you are having issue with

4. XML code will update to that location, you should see <value> a couple line down

5. paste the following code right before "<value>" ... (as mentioned by "")

<ui>

<textEdit/>

</ui>

6. click back to design view, it will ask for you to save

7. wa la

PS Disclaimer, sorry if this doesn't work for someone, but I hope it will.

Level 6

Thank you!!!!! This has been a problem for years, and I'd usually just delete and rebuild the table to resolve. Finally, a solution that saves me the hassle...!