Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

unexpected results for flowed subforms

Former Community Member

I have a large project I am charged with completing which has roughly 50 pages that are hidden/shown based on user input in the various pages.

A couple pages may need to have multiple instances if there are more than one person associated with the account. For these cases, I have created a flowed page that has 3 positioned subforms under it. Each of the positioned reports may need more than a single instance.

I've added a button to add a new instance (each positioned page is set to min 1, max 5).

As an FYI, each page has its presence set to hidden in the initialize event.

When I preview in this , the default page shows up, but when I click the button to add an instance, nothing happens.

This is the action builder script that does not seem to be working.

this.resolveNode('CIPShell.CIPIndv').addInstance(1);

if (xfa.host.version < 8) {

xfa.form.recalculate(1);

}

this.resolveNode("CIPShell").presence = "visible";

If I comment out the initialization script, then preview, the add page button works but 2 instances of the default page show up instead of only one.

I've tried a whole bunch of tweeks that have not worked. Any suggestions for a solution would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

I think we will need to see the form to understand the problem, can you publish the form on Acrobat.com (or similar) and post a link here so we can see what is happening?

Regards

Bruce

Former Community Member

Hi Bruce,

I'm not sure how to publish a sample to acrobat.com.

I did finally figure out the solution. I had the min count set to 1 for this subform. Appears LC made the page visible and also added "1" initial instance of the page.

I set the min to zero and now it works as I expected. Shows one instance when the user clicks a checkbox. The buttons to add/remove instances working fine too.