Expand my Community achievements bar.

unexpected results for flowed subforms

Former Community Member

I have a large project I am charged with completing which has roughly 50 pages that are hidden/shown based on user input in the various pages.

A couple pages may need to have multiple instances if there are more than one person associated with the account. For these cases, I have created a flowed page that has 3 positioned subforms under it. Each of the positioned reports may need more than a single instance.

I've added a button to add a new instance (each positioned page is set to min 1, max 5).

As an FYI, each page has its presence set to hidden in the initialize event.

When I preview in this , the default page shows up, but when I click the button to add an instance, nothing happens.

This is the action builder script that does not seem to be working.

this.resolveNode('CIPShell.CIPIndv').addInstance(1);

if (xfa.host.version < 8) {

xfa.form.recalculate(1);

}

this.resolveNode("CIPShell").presence = "visible";

If I comment out the initialization script, then preview, the add page button works but 2 instances of the default page show up instead of only one.

I've tried a whole bunch of tweeks that have not worked. Any suggestions for a solution would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

I think we will need to see the form to understand the problem, can you publish the form on Acrobat.com (or similar) and post a link here so we can see what is happening?

Regards

Bruce

Former Community Member

Hi Bruce,

I'm not sure how to publish a sample to acrobat.com.

I did finally figure out the solution. I had the min count set to 1 for this subform. Appears LC made the page visible and also added "1" initial instance of the page.

I set the min to zero and now it works as I expected. Shows one instance when the user clicks a checkbox. The buttons to add/remove instances working fine too.