Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Turnkey Installation - Please help

Level 1

I installed LifeCycle ES2 Turnkey version- Windows/Jboss), on a Windows 2003 server(vmware).

The installation is complete, but I don't see LifeCycle Designer or Workbench!!!!   All I have access to is the Web-based Admin console and Workspace ES2 and other web-based system tools.  Jboss and Mysql seem to be installed OK.

Is the Designer installed seperately ??? How come I don't see it..

Any help would appreciated.

Thanks,

Elias

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

I am not sure how you got LiveCycle ES2.  Customers usually download/get a large zipped file. When unzipped, the file for JBoss/Windows will have the following folders:

- additional

- livecycle_server

- livecycle_workbench

- third_party

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 7

Elias:

Both WorkBench and Designer have to be installed separately.  I agree with your sentiment though - if it's a "Turn Key" install, maybe it should install everything that is needed for you to just turn the key and go!

We'll take it as a feature request.

Level 1

Thank you Jayan for your replay.

I was able to find  the trial download for Designer ES2 but coulnd't find LifeCycle Workbench.. any idea?

Chat support wasn't able to help..

Thanks again.

Correct answer by
Level 7

I am not sure how you got LiveCycle ES2.  Customers usually download/get a large zipped file. When unzipped, the file for JBoss/Windows will have the following folders:

- additional

- livecycle_server

- livecycle_workbench

- third_party

Level 2

LCES2 trial download zip file comes bundled with LC Workbench & Designer ES2. To install Workbench ES2 navigate to the folder that you extracted the LCES2 files to. The Workbench ES2 install file is in the \livecycle_workbench folder(under the livecycle_server folder).

From there click on run_windows_installer.bat . This will install Workbench and Designer(which is bundled in Workbench) onto your system.

I recommend reading through "Installing Your Development Environment.pdf'URL: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/install_dev_enviro.pdf. System prerequisites and info on how to configure and log into a server are found here.

For a list of quick starts, tutorials, and samples available for LiveCycle ES2, click here: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/lc_doclist.html

Hope this helps,

Shelley

Level 1

Thank you Jayan.. The folder was there...appreciate your help.

Elias

Level 1

Thanks Shelley.. i appreciate your help..

The folder was there but I didn't notice it.. Elias