Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Trying to Numeric Field by Text Field

Former Community Member

I am trying to figure out how to have a livecycle form divide NumericField1 by rf1 and have the answer placed in qf1.  I am not sure what to do.  Any help would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

The mistake I did earlier code is missing rawValue on rf1.

qf1.rawValue = NumericField1.rawValue / parseInt(rf1.rawValue);

Sample file is below..

https://acrobat.com/#d=-H2armoLcjcpXLvWwO-Drw

Thanks

Srini

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

If I understand correctly, you want to devide a value in Numericfield and display the output in an other field.

qf1.rawValue = NumericField1.rawValue / parseInt(rf1);

Place the code in the exit event (or) Calculate event of NumericField1/ rf1.

Set the language to Java Script.

Thanks

Srini

Former Community Member

Thanks for the help, but that did not work.  Let me clarify.  What I am building is an equipment request form that auto populates and auto calculates based upon the number of students in a class. 

The person filling the form out enters in NumberField1 that they have "24" students.

The person filling the form out would select for example "ACLS"  In text field 1 (tf1) the word "CPR Manikin" would appear.  Then in ratio field 1 (rf1) the number "3" would enter in automatically. 

What I need to happen is the number of students (NumberField1) is divided by the ratio field 1 (rf1) and the solution be placed in quantityField 1 (qf1).

Does that make more sense?

Thanks!

Correct answer by
Level 10

The mistake I did earlier code is missing rawValue on rf1.

qf1.rawValue = NumericField1.rawValue / parseInt(rf1.rawValue);

Sample file is below..

https://acrobat.com/#d=-H2armoLcjcpXLvWwO-Drw

Thanks

Srini