Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Trying to do an 'if' function need help

Level 2

I have four values that I want to input into a field. What I am trying to make happen is when you type in a letter, that text field will then highlight or fill to a certain color. Can anyone help me? And I want to have four values in it. The values would be "G" "R" "Y" and "0". If I type in "G" I woud like the field to fill/highlight green. I am not good at scripting. any help would be amazing.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

I'm not sure if I understand you right.

Here is a script that check if you leave the field which entry the user makes.

If the entry is a "G" the field will be filled with color.

You have to use this script in the change-event of the script editor. This allows to entry only G or R or Y or 0.

if(xfa.event.newText.match(/[^GRY0]/))

{

xfa.event.change = "";

}

And this script you have to use in the exit-event of the script editor. This checks if your entry is a "G".

if(this.rawValue == "G")

{

Textfeld1.fillColor = "245,245,0";

}else

{

Textfeld1.fillColor = "255,255,255";

}

Bild 3.jpg

The script editor you will find about "window".

Hope it will helps you,

Mandy

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

I'm not sure if I understand you right.

Here is a script that check if you leave the field which entry the user makes.

If the entry is a "G" the field will be filled with color.

You have to use this script in the change-event of the script editor. This allows to entry only G or R or Y or 0.

if(xfa.event.newText.match(/[^GRY0]/))

{

xfa.event.change = "";

}

And this script you have to use in the exit-event of the script editor. This checks if your entry is a "G".

if(this.rawValue == "G")

{

Textfeld1.fillColor = "245,245,0";

}else

{

Textfeld1.fillColor = "255,255,255";

}

Bild 3.jpg

The script editor you will find about "window".

Hope it will helps you,

Mandy

Level 2

It was helpful and got it working. I'm trying to mess with it right now. But with that script it only makes it green. I tied typing in r or y and it comes up white or no fill. But I'm trying to tinker with it. I appreciate it so much Mandy!!!