Expand my Community achievements bar.

Trouble when coding LiveCycle to set up an email with .

Level 1

Hi all

I have been using Adobe LiveCycle Designer E4 where I work on forms.

For one of the functions on that form, I need to be able to send an email to a designated person with the form as an attachment. This works without any problem.

The real issue comes when I want to add cc recipients to it. When implementing my code (XML), i have them in the desired cc, but I can not remove them from the to box.

I am using following code:

1626563_pastedImage_7.png

<submit format="pdf" textEncoding="UTF-16" target="mailto:abc@gmail.com; ?cc= cba@gmail.com ?subject=BLABLA" xdpContent="pdf datasets">

And this is the output I get:

1626566_pastedImage_11.png

When i do it with following code (emails are recognized):

1626573_pastedImage_1.png

<submit format="pdf" textEncoding="UTF-16" target="mailto:kristoff_XXX@tuifly.be; ?cc= nicolas_XXX@tuifly.be ?subject=BLABLA" xdpContent="pdf datasets">

I get:

1626568_pastedImage_13.png

Can somebody help me out?

Thank you!

NC

3 Replies

Level 10

You mailTo syntax is incorrect, that's why you having the unwantend effects with the cc.

Change it this way to make it work correctly:

<submit format="pdf" textEncoding="UTF-16" target="mailto:kristoff_XXX@tuifly.be?cc=nicolas_XXX@tuifly.be&amp;subject=BLABLA" xdpContent="pdf datasets">

Level 1

Hi radzmar

Thank you for your response!

I have already seen that type of code pass by in this forum but when I apply the exact same code as yours, Microsoft Outlook can not recognize the mail address and i get following error message:

1627418_pastedImage_1.png

So I think that Outlook is reading it as one big email address. In my previous code, the spaces and punctuation marks I added, helped that part of the problem. If i modify your code to the following:

1627421_pastedImage_6.png

<submit format="pdf" textEncoding="UTF-16" target="mailto:kristoff_XXX@tuifly.be; ?cc= nicolas_XXX@tuifly.be &amp;subject=BLABLA" xdpContent="pdf datasets">

I get the following:

1627422_pastedImage_8.png

Same initial problem but the Subject has been modified.

NC