Expand my Community achievements bar.

Total Amount Calculation Error

Former Community Member

This is for a total field.   I have created a purchase req that calculates a total for each line.  This is working fine.  What I want to do is create a total field of all the individual; lines on the page and list this as a read-only field at the bottom of the page.  The error is attached to this email (I hope). If more information is needed, I will attach the form itself on request.

I have followed an example provided by another person on this site, but I am afraid I am missing something and I am in the position that I don't know what I don't know.

Thanks for any assistance.

5 Replies

Level 4

Somehow I can't download it.

Did you use the full name of the fields or just partnames? If the calculation is over more than one page/subform, it might be you've got to take the full names of the fields.

Did you use formcalc or javascript for calculation?

Former Community Member

Error was:

Script failed (language is formcalc; context is

xfa[0].form1[0].#subform[0].Amount[0])

script=

$.rawValkue = sum(form1.#subform[0].Table1.Row[*].Extension;

Error:  syntax error near token 'Extension' on line 5, column0

The form is one page long.  The actual purchase req information is a table (I think). I can email you a copy if you give me an address.

Thanks.

Level 4

One failure is rawValue not rawValkue ^^

You also missed a ")" I think.

You may send it to me: diefeuerwolke@web.de

Level 4

Okey, as far as I see it right, it's not adding rows you can make it simply:

form1.#subform[0].Table1.Row1.Extension + form1.#subform[0].Table1.Row2.Extension + form1.#subform[0].Table1.Row3.Extension + form1.#subform[0].Table1.Row4.Extension + form1.#subform[0].Table1.Row5.Extension + form1.#subform[0].Table1.Row6.Extension +

form1.#subform[0].Table1.Row7.Extension + form1.#subform[0].Table1.Row8.Extension + form1.#subform[0].Table1.Row9.Extension + form1.#subform[0].Table1.Row10.Extension + form1.#subform[0].Table1.Row11.Extension + form1.#subform[0].Table1.Row12.Extension + form1.#subform[0].Table1.Row13.Extension + form1.#subform[0].Table1.Row14.Extension + form1.#subform[0].Table1.Row15.Extension

I think I know why it doesn't work... but I don't know quite much about the sum function in iPDF.

(With subforms I think it would work because of the "[]", but since you don't have any and copy+paste is less work.... )