Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

tool tips/ java

Level 2

Hi-

I am working on a form in ES with a submit button. I am currently having issues with people hitting submit more than once, because when the PDF is submitted it takes time, and they are not sure they have done it right instead of waiting for the confo page.

To fix this, I have entered a tool tip on my submit button, which does work, however... wondering if anyone has a simple script for either postSumit or on click that pops up a subform or other so that I can enter some large red "please be patient" text by my button.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

I'm sorry. My explanation didn't have much substance, did it.

Here's the idea:

1) change the submit button to hidden (let's call this button submitBtn)

2) add a second button (a plain old button) and label it "Submit" (le'ts call this button callSubmitBtn)

3) on the click event of callSubmitBtn, call the click event of submitBtn and set the presence of callSubmitBtn to "readOnly"

form1.page1.subform1.submitBtn.execEvent("click");

form1.page1.subform1.callSubmitBtn.presence = "readOnly";

Steve

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Former Community Member

Have you considered making the button "readOnly" upon click?

Steve

Level 2

Hi Steve-

I apologize, maybe you can explain just a bit further. Not sure if this would negate the URL then that I have the completed form set to go to if it were a read-only?

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

I'm sorry. My explanation didn't have much substance, did it.

Here's the idea:

1) change the submit button to hidden (let's call this button submitBtn)

2) add a second button (a plain old button) and label it "Submit" (le'ts call this button callSubmitBtn)

3) on the click event of callSubmitBtn, call the click event of submitBtn and set the presence of callSubmitBtn to "readOnly"

form1.page1.subform1.submitBtn.execEvent("click");

form1.page1.subform1.callSubmitBtn.presence = "readOnly";

Steve

Level 2

Thank you Steve! I think that will work great.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----