Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Tool tip not working in tables and certain fields

Level 2

I would like to provide my users with additional information through Tool tips which work inconsistently for me.  If I want a cell in a Table that either requires no input or displays a value from another cell or displays the results of a calculation cell what do I have to do? I select the Accessibility tab, add a tool tip text and then have tried all sorts of combinations of selections for the Screen Reader Precedences - tool tip, custom text, name, none.  The cells range from protected to calculated- read only, text, text fields and numeric fields.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tucson102

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Tool tips are a function of accessibility to support screen readers and follow accessibility guidelines, for example, Section 508 in the U.S. If a field does not have to be filled I believe the general accessibility practice is too exclude the field from a screen reader. Thus, fields that are not "user entered" do not generate tool tips.

Here's what I have done in the past. The question mark icon is an image field with a button laid over top. The button has no visual properties.

Untitled.png

When you hover over the image you get a tool tip.

Untitled2.png

When you click the button you get help using xfa.host.messageBox.

Untitled1.png

The script on the button is as follows:

// form1.page1.helpBtn::click - (JavaScript, client)

var msg = "Please complete the table by..." + "\n"

+ "and then..." + "\n"

+ "to complete." + "\n";

xfa.host.messageBox(msg,"Table Help",2);

Steve

Level 2

With a little experimenting, this works nicely. Thank you. Christina

Former Community Member

Ya this is quite a nice idea but the drawback is: "Warning: JavaScript Window" appears in all the alert boxes. Is there a a way to hide that text? Do keep me posted. Thanks!

Employee

Hi Balaji,

Please see the below mentioned thread. It would help

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4068930

Former Community Member

Thanks very much for your reply. It works nicely.

Balaji