Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

TOOL TIP is not working!!

Level 8

Hello

(1)Now i can see the Caption of a object/field as TOOL TIP, fine.

(2)After i am binding with the associated data source field, I also got the populated value of that object/field as tool tip, fine.

I mean, not 2 tool tips, at the same second, either (1) ir (2), fine.

But, both are working for ONLY editable fields, tool tip is not working for "readOnly" fields (i colored these fields with GREY color)!!

Pls. let me know How can i get a tool tip for all KIND of fields, like, Greyedout fields, "readOnly" fields....all

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

The resize code you want has already been posted in one of your other posts, here's a link:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3890035#3890035

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 7

You could create an invisible field with the tooltip text you desire, send it to the back, and then on mouseenter of the field you want the tooltip for you just make the tooltip field visible and then make it invisible again on mouseexit.

on mouseenter:

this.presence = "visible";

on mouseexit:

this.presence = "invisible";

I've used this method in the past to pop up half page instruction sets.

djaknow

Level 8

Thank you. I have lot lot of fields on my_form, doing this (creating invisible field for EVERY field and placing "visible" code for all these) tediuos.

So, ny standard Adobe itself, not providing tool tip for "readOnly" fields? its default functionality?

Thank you

Level 7

I can't say definitely that yes, no tooltips for readOnly fields is the norm, but it makes sense.  If the user isn't typing into the field, I'm not sure why the field would need a tooltip but I'm sure you must have your reason.

Good luck,

djaknow

Level 8

Thank you.

Pls. can you copy&paste the RESIZE java script code here of mouse enter and mouse exit events as mentioned earlier.

Thank you

Correct answer by
Level 7

The resize code you want has already been posted in one of your other posts, here's a link:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3890035#3890035