Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Time Field Input

Former Community Member

Hello,

Apparently with all the valid edit patterns for a time field, if I want to enter 6 AM quickly, the least I have to put in is "06" (without quotes, of course).  But if I put in "6" without the leading zero, the field does not get formatted as a time.  Is there any way to force this without writing custom code?  I am trying to cover the various input methods.  I have tried all the available Select Types and also modified a couple to examples such as:

time{h:MM}

time{h}

These result in an error stating the pattern is not valid.  Is there something I can do to allow more freedom for entry, and still format the data so I can later calcualte another field based on the data.?  I just want to put in a single digit number to get a value before 10 AM.  Ideally putting "3p" in the field would give me 3:00 PM as well, but this may be too much to ask for.

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi,

If you set the Display Pattern to time{h:MM A}, then entering 15 will give you 3:00 PM.

I don't think you will be able to get a single digit (eg 9) to be recognised as a valid time.

Niall