Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

The original should not be overwritten

Level 2

Hi!

This is probably very easy to answer (for someone that know scripting) but I want to know if it's possible to have a dynamic form (saved as reader extended version, permitted to fill in forms and save them) to not overwrite the original file?

I've tried different options but it wont work. I just want the form to be able to use, fill in, print and save for everyone so that they can have a copy of their own work, and when the next user opens the form it should be "empty". This works great when you only have Acrobat Reader on your computer but if you have Acrobat Pro you can overwrite the file (when you open the reader-file). It would be nice if it only showed "Save as...". The form is created in Licecycle and you should only be able to use this program to change the form. When ready - open the file in Pro and save as Reader extended.

I hope you get the picture?!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

You might try marking the file as read only in your operating system. This is usually accomplished by right clicking on the file in Windows Explorer and clicking properties.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

There is no method to suppress saving with Acrobat I'm afraid.

Correct answer by
Level 7

You might try marking the file as read only in your operating system. This is usually accomplished by right clicking on the file in Windows Explorer and clicking properties.

Level 2

That did the job!

Thanks a lot!!!