Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

The form not saving users choices

Level 1

Hi,

I'm kind of new to Adobe Livecycle and programming in general.

I have a problem with my form. I have set of choices and depending on users choice, different drop down shows. The form works normally but when I save it and reopen it, the choices are back to default. I guess this is due to initialization event where I put default value (which I want to see only for the first time before the user has made a choice). Can someone explain to me what kind of command and in which event to put it in order that my form initializes with values from last save?

Many thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

I've had the same issue in the past.

If my memory's right, I resolved it by setting the form's properties as illustrated below, automatically preserving scripting to form when savedLiveCycle_Properties.JPG

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

I've had the same issue in the past.

If my memory's right, I resolved it by setting the form's properties as illustrated below, automatically preserving scripting to form when savedLiveCycle_Properties.JPG

Level 1

Many thanks MHWinter​, but I already have this option on and it still doesn't save. My problem is the following: for example -  there is a radiobutton with b and c options. if the user chooses option b), dropdown menu will be shown with the options b1, b2, b3. if he chooses c, the b dropdown will be hidden and c dropdown with options c1, c2, c3 will be visible). What it happens when I save and reopen is that only the radiobutton choice is remembered but the dropdown shown is the one that i created to be default saying "choose one of the options" - which is in the initialization event.

Level 10

The dropdown may not have set any data binding, so there's nothing be saved for it.