Expand my Community achievements bar.

Text Object with an Email Address AUTOMATICALLY adding Hyperlink when put into a Table????

Level 2

Greetings fellow LiveCycle users, I hope all is well. Ok, so I've hit a 'snag' in LiveCycle with something that I'm trying to 'fix' that I'm sure shouldn't be this trivial. I have a pretty basic, static PDF form that has a table with 1 row and a few columns. I have a text object (not field) nested in a subform, nested in one of the cells. I have what I want to be an email address that IS NOT linked, but only gives the appearance of such on the form. I've tried everything I can think of but for some reason LiveCycle is AUTOMATICALLY linking that email address text even though I NEVER set a hyperlink to it myself - and don't want to! I have noticed that if I drag that subform w/ text object out of the table and to another area of the form, the defaulting link 'behavior' goes away. My question is...what is it about the table (or subform maybe?) that would cause the email address text to do that when I've inserted no hyperlink for it! Thank-you.

3 Replies

Level 4

I am sure that it is not "LiveCycle" that makes this a link but the PDF displaying software which interprets the text and determines that it is an e-mail or a hyperlink.Why it interprets the e-mail sometimes as a link and sometimes not I don't know. What do you use to display the PDF? Adobe Reader/Acrobat or browser?

Level 2
Well I'd totally agree with you about that, BUT...I'm using the 'Preview PDF' mode IN LiveCycle where it's showing the text object with an email address as a link. It'll do it in Acrobat as well. Mind you, I didn't manually insert a hyperlink for the email address soooooo, why it's doing that? I have NO Idea!

Level 4

Hi @damionm9515385 

you are right, this really happens the way you describe it. When I have an e-mail in the table in the subform I can click on it. When similar text is outside then no click.

Kosta_Prokopiu_0-1599767485267.png

Kosta_Prokopiu_1-1599767545840.png

Interestingly, in Chrome BOTH e-mails are links when you save this as a static PDF so that browsers can open it.

So in Acrobat the questions is not "why the one?" but "why not both?"

Kosta_Prokopiu_2-1599767732384.png

I checked the XFA and there are no hints at this

Kosta_Prokopiu_3-1599767849833.pngKosta_Prokopiu_4-1599767881524.png

Go to the Acrobat preferences and turn off the Create links from URLs - that will solve it for you but these links still remain visible for other users and other viewers.

Kosta_Prokopiu_5-1599768284285.png