Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Text Field java script??

Level 2

Is there a way to have a text field repeat what is typed in the box on every page the field is on? i have a text box titled "Call Number" on 4 pages of the form after you enter it in the first page is there a way maybe with java scripted to have it appear in the rest of the boxes on the other pages instead of having to type it in up to four times?

Thanks

Nick

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Nick,

Yes, and you don't need script.

First make sure that all of the objects have the same name in the hierarchy, let's say "callNumber". LC Designer will automatically add the instance numbers if more than one object is on the same page. Like, callNumber[0], callNumber[1], etc. But you don't need to worry about this.

Next select one of the objects and go to the Object > Binding palette. There you need to change the binding to Global.

Now no matter what is type in any of the fields, it will appear in all of the others.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Assure Dynamics

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Nick,

Yes, and you don't need script.

First make sure that all of the objects have the same name in the hierarchy, let's say "callNumber". LC Designer will automatically add the instance numbers if more than one object is on the same page. Like, callNumber[0], callNumber[1], etc. But you don't need to worry about this.

Next select one of the objects and go to the Object > Binding palette. There you need to change the binding to Global.

Now no matter what is type in any of the fields, it will appear in all of the others.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Assure Dynamics

Level 2

Thanks!!!!!

I never knew it was just that easy, thanks again for your help