Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Text Field Fill Color

Level 2

I'm using Adobe Designer (the new Adobe LiveCycle) to create a Department Newsletter template. Currently I have it with a white background when highlight is off and blue background when highlight is on. I only want the highlight visible for the people filling out the form. Once form is filled out and emailed, remove the highlight. I tried using the action builder but can't seem to get it to work. I tried the "fillcolor" command (see below) and it didn't work either.

form1.MainPage.SF1.Title::exit - (JavaScript, client)
//+ GENERATED - DO NOT EDIT (ID:DB1EFA09-5681-41A3-9A99-0EF82C102EFB CRC:3480981022)
//+ Type: Action
//+ Result1: SetFillColor("$Node1","255, 255, 255")
//+ Node1: form1[0].MainPage[0].SF1[0].Title[0]
//+ Condition1: TextField("$Node1","exited","")
//+ ActionName: Title.exit
this.resolveNode("$").ui.oneOfChild.border.fill.color.value = "255, 255, 255";
//-

All my users have Adobe Reader only. How can I simplify this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

It worked perfectly!!! Thank you so much!!!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi there,

this is more simple than you think. Unless you want only a part of the form to be fillable and another part that is not.

If your whole form is to be filled or not you can change the highlighted fields with the following statement:

Hope this will help you

Correct answer by
Level 2

It worked perfectly!!! Thank you so much!!!

Level 2

After playing with it, when reviewing the emailed attachment of the newsletter, it shows the highlight. I also have a submit button that hides after the form is submitted, but the emailed attachment shows that also. I'm missing something (that is most likely a simple thing). Any suggestions?

Level 10

Highlights

I forgot to mention that if you want to keep it that way every time the form reopens, I suggest you add an if statement when the document loads itself to turn off the highlights (docReady, formReady, initialize, calculate) whichever is the more appropriate.

Submit Button

Verify the order in which you execute submitting the email and hiding the button. Make sure you send the email after hiding the button.

Also after sending the email you can put the button back to visible in case the user cancelled sending the email and needs to send it again.

When you achieve being able to keep the button hidden when reopening the form from the email, you can add the following code to any of the submit button's events mentioned above.

*Note: even if you change the highlight field option with code, the user will always be able to change that highlight at any moment using Reader. If you want to avoid that you'd have to change the fields to read only.

Hope this will help

Level 2

Do you know a good website I can use to learn when to use the different scripts such as the docReady,
formReady, initialize, calculate that you mentioned?

Level 10

You can insert a message box in any event to test whenever the events are triggered.

This way you'll get about when these events will be triggered.