Expand my Community achievements bar.

Table Header Row Disappears when data is entered above the table in the form.

Level 2

Hello All,

I have a dynamic form containing a small 3 column table with a header and footer row.

The cells in the body row contain a text field which allows multiple lines and is set to "expand to fit", a decimal field,

and a subform containing the + or - buttons, respectively.

The user can grow the table dynamically by clicking the " + " button to add a row, or the " - " button to delete a row.

The header row is checked to "include header row in initial page" and "include header row in subsequent pages".

Adding and deleting rows without content works flawlessly.  If the table breaks across pages, the header row shows

up nicely on the subsequent pages, as advertised...(see scrn1.jpg)

The PROBLEM arises when data has been entered into the table, a table row is close to being moved to the next page

as a page break would require, then other data is entered into flowable fields above the table in the form, or data is added to a row above the one that is about to break to the next page, pushing everything down, THE SUBSEQUENT HEADER ROW disappears.

Has anyone out there experienced similar situations?  Again this only occurs when a data row in the table is really close to breaking to

the next page already, then a user action such as entering multiple lines of data into a text field above the table forcing everything to be moved downward.

Please see sequential screen shots.  In the first screen, I've just added a bunch of rows to illustrate that the header row appears to be working properly.  Everything looks great.  In the second screen, I've entered some sample data.  Still working fine.  Then in the third screen, more data has been added to the first row to force a page break.  The  header row doesn't show up anymore.

Please help!

2 Replies

Former Community Member

Try forcing a layout by using the command:

xfa.layout.relayout()

If this does not work you may have found a bug. I would report it to support.

Paul

Level 2

Thank you for your reply, Paul.  Unfortunately this suggestion didn't solve the issue.

After experimenting with it for a bit, it seemed that it might be related to widow/orphan control, but it occurs even with widow/orphan control turned off.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jason