Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Tab Assistance

Level 4

Is there was way in LiveCycle if a field is ReadOnly that when you tab it skips over that field and goes to the next field?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

It will skip it if you set the field to Protected.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Former Community Member

tabs are a pain in Designer and dont work properly. Have you set the TAB order using the menu options (well explained in the help)? If it doesn't work, then I have found that I need to open the XDP file in a text editor, e.g. Wordpad or Edit Pad Pro (which is free), find all the groups of lines that have "travers" in them and delete them (back it up first of course!). I use a regular expression to do this. Then try redoing the tab order, as instructed in the menu.

Correct answer by
Level 6

It will skip it if you set the field to Protected.

Level 4

Thanks George,

As usual, your the greatest. You have truly helped this beginner through a lot.

Thanks again.

Level 1

George,

I'm using LiveCycle Designer ES version 8.1 and I don't see how I can set the field to 'protected'.  Please enlighten me as we've been trying to find a solution to this tabbing problem.

Thanks,

Lena

Level 6

Lena,

Select the field, open the Object pallete, select the Value tab, and select Protected from the Type drop-down.

protected.png

Level 1

Hi George,

That's what I was trying to tell you...I don't have the choice 'Protected" from the drop down. I only get:

User Entered - Optional

User Entered - Recommended

User Entered - Required

Calculated - Read Only

Calculated - User Can Override

Read Only

That's why I wondered whether it was an upgrade issue....guess it must be.

Lena

>>> George Johnson <forums@adobe.com> Wednesday, May 25, 2011 2:35 pm >>>

Lena,

Select the field, open the Object pallete, select the Value tab, and select Protected from the Type drop-down.

http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/69981/protected.png

Level 6

I used Designer 8.2 for that screen capture, so you may be right.

Level 3

ParreLaws, another way you can direct the user to the next or another field, is to use the following JavaScript script in the Exit event of the previous field:

xfa.host.setFocus ("filename");

eg.

Field1

Field2(Read only field)

Field 3

In the Exit event of Field1:

xfa.host.setFocus("Field3)";

This will set the focus directly from Field1 to Field3, skipping your read only field.

Hope this makes sense,

Peta

Level 1

Hi Peta,

Yes, that does the trick, but in trying it I find that Field3 then doesn't allow you to type anything in it until you physically click the field with your mouse. Once you do that it allows text to be entered and then you can continue tabbing from field to field. Seems odd that you would have to do that as you should be able to type once you've tabbed into it....guess it's another quirk.

Thanks again,

Lena

>>> petafromoz <forums@adobe.com> Saturday, May 28, 2011 6:09 am >>>

ParreLaws, another way you can direct the user to the next or another field, is to use the following JavaScript script in the Exit event of the previous field:

xfa.host.setFocus ("filename");

eg.

Field1

Field2(Read only field)

Field 3

In the Exit event of Field1:

xfa.host.setFocus("Field3)";

This will set the focus directly from Field1 to Field3, skipping your read only field.

Hope this makes sense,

Peta