Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Syntax Errors - 30025 and 30008

Level 2

Hi there,

I'm in urgent need of some assistance!

For some reason, and I say that because I don't know why I'm getting these errors today and I didn't when I closed the document yesterday. However, I am getting these syntax errors  see picture.

Let me start by saying that I don't know java at all.  I am using formcalc on the calculation fields. The LeaveAnnual field is simple  MonthlySalary * 12 and that is what I'm getting the error 30008 on.  The other error codes don't make any sense to me either because they are straight from the object library.

SyntaxErrors.JPG

Any assistance you can provide is very much appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Here is the corrected file. Let me know if you still have those issues.

https://acrobat.com/#d=HBYmeV9lTBeSIuS7kaH3-w

The problem started after the Rank field. You might have copied and pasted the Rank field once and the XML was added in the Initialize event. Then you have used the same field multiple times to copy and paste.

Thanks

Srini

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 10

It would be easier to find the answer by looking at the form/ script.

If you can send your document to LiveCycle9@gmail.com then I can have a look at it.

Thanks

Srini

Level 10

How does the script look like you use in the field "ContactName"?

And is the field "AnnualSalary1" a text field? If so, you have to change the field type to numeric field.

Level 2

Hi Radzmar

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "how does the script look like you used in the field "ContactName". I didn't write any script.  I just inserted a text field.

As for the AnnualSalary1 field it is a numeric field.

Level 10

Hi,

I looked at your form.

1) As Radzmar mentioned, the Annual Salary field in the first row is a Text field. It is Numeric in rest of the rows.

2) For some reason the below fields has XML code copied to their initialize event. You need to remove the code from the Iniitalize event.

Contact, Budget Authorization, Client Services Team, Phone Number

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Srini

Level 2

Hi Srini

Thank you for your reply.But as I said, I have no idea about scripting at all.  All I have been doing is dragging and dropping fields.  I'm new to LiveCycle.

How do I remove XML codes??? and where are they??

p.s.  it is the "Leave Annual Salary" that is causing the issue, it is above the table.  I have changed the field in the table.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Here is the corrected file. Let me know if you still have those issues.

https://acrobat.com/#d=HBYmeV9lTBeSIuS7kaH3-w

The problem started after the Rank field. You might have copied and pasted the Rank field once and the XML was added in the Initialize event. Then you have used the same field multiple times to copy and paste.

Thanks

Srini

Level 2

Srini

Thank you so very much!!!!!  I could never have done it!

However, the Annual Salary field in the table keeps changing back to a text field when I save, close and then reopen the file...any suggestions???/

Level 2

Srini, please disregard last post.  I deleted it and put in another numeric field and it seems to be sticking.

Thank you again for your help!

Level 10

Here is the corrected form again. I also adjusted the Calculate event for the Annual Salary. The language should be FormCalc instead of Java Script.

https://acrobat.com/#d=L4czC2hrV3MbkvjgpCJlOg

Thanks

Srini