Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Submitform as pdf mailto with cc and IBM Lotus inotes blank address

Level 1

I have a form with a standard button to send the entire pdf by mail. My mail client is IBM Lotus iNotes. When I include a cc variable or two address in the address field, both address and cc field is left blank in inotes when it opens. I have adobe professional 9.0 and IBM Lotus iNotes 8.5.2. This is my button javascript code on its click event:

var address1 = "address1@caja.com;address2@caja.com" ;

var subject1 = "My Subject";

var body1 = "My Body";

var cc1 = "addresscc@caja.com" ;

event.target.submitForm({cURL:"mailto:" + address1 +"?subject=" + subject1 +"&body=" + body1 + "&cc=" + cc1 + "",cSubmitAs:"PDF",cCharset:"utf-8"});

If I try with outlook as mail client, it works perfectly. It seems a inotes bug. Doesn't it?

Thank you in advance.

4 Replies

Level 10

I also use Notes 8.5.x at work and don't have such problems.

Try another send method ans see if you still have the same problems.

event.target.mailDoc({

bUI: false,

cTo: 'address1@caja.com; address2@caja.com',

cCc: 'addresscc@caja.com',

cBcc: '',

cSubject: 'My Subject',

cMsg: 'My Body'

});

Level 1

Thanks Radzmar, I've tried that method and remains the same behavior. Address fields in blank in iNotes.

Level 1

I think it's an iNotes problem. I've compared both urls created while is launching iNotes and when cTo: has one single address, the url presents the SendTo field filled, but when cTo has two address, there is no SendTo field in the url.

Url single address:

http://mailserver/mail/box0592.nsf/($Drafts)/$new/?EditDocument&Form=h_PageUI&PresetFields=h_EditAct...

Url with two address

http://mailserver/mail/box0592.nsf/($Drafts)/$new/?EditDocument&Form=h_PageUI&PresetFields=h_EditAct...

These urls are built by iNotes I suppose and iNotes doesn`t work properly in this matter.

Level 1

Thanks to user "NKOWA2". He sent me the following message within this forum:

"Sending and attaching a PDF form submission using client side e-mail software may vary from user to user, software to software.

To bypass inconsistencies in client side email software among clients, I recommend setting a regular submit button to submit to a server-side script such as ASP.net.

Server-side scripts can process the incoming sumission data, and send a custom message to multiple recipients using SMTP or Exchange without the need for client-side email software.

For more information visit: www.PDFEmail.net "

Since we don't have ASP.net architecture in our organization, I followed his advice and developed a script (javascript language, adobecycle) in a regular button into the pdf form with the submit function to call a PHP program with form variables in the url and "submit as= pdf". The Php script receives the pdf stream into $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA, saves it into a temporary file and builds the mail function parameters to send mail with the attached pdf form, a personal subject and message containing the variables received ( $_GET method).