Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Submit by Email to two URLs at runtime

Level 4

I have a form with a Submit by Email button configured in the Object palette to send the form to a specific URL. In the form, the user fills out an email address text field. Is it possible to send the user the form also? I found something close (see below). I tried to adapt this by adding script to the Submit by Email button this way:

this.resolveNode("#event").submit.target = "mailto:somebody@somewhere.com; " +emailFromTxt .rawValue + "?subject=email data&body=This is the body  text.";

but that doesn't work. Thank you for any suggestions on whether this is possible or not.

Script - validate event of TextField1

var address = new RegExp();
address.compile("^[a-z0-9_\\-\\.]+\\@[a-z0-9_\\-\\.]+\\.[a-z]{2,3}$","i");
var result = address.test(this.rawValue);
if (result == true){
  true;
} else {
  false;
}

Script - click event of the email button

this.resolveNode("#event").submit.target = "mailto:" + TextField1.rawValue + "?subject=email data&body=This is the body text.";

( from: http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/livecycle/designer/pdfs/FieldSubmitURL.pdf)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

This is the changed script that you have used..

this.resolveNode("#event").submit.target = "mailto:somebody@somewhere.com; " + emailFromTxt .rawValue + "?cc=" + strCCAddress + "&subject=email data&body=This is the body  text.";

If the above script does not work, try the below script to send CC Email Address.

var strToAddress, strCCAddress, strSubject, strMessage

strToAddress = "YourEmailAddress@YourCompany.com";
strCCAddress = "YourCCEmailAddress@YourCompany.com";

strSubject = txtSubject.rawValue;

strMessage = txtMessage.rawValue;

event.target.submitForm({cURL:"mailto:"+ strToAddress + "?cc=" + strCCAddress + "&subject=" + strSubject + "&body=" + strMessage,cSubmitAs:"PDF",cCharset:"utf-8"});

Thanks

Srini

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 10

Check this sample..

https://acrobat.com/#d=CK4QgXn38l49bzQlhWtKSA

You can concatenate two addresses separated by ";" to send to two email addresses.

Thanks

Srini

Level 4

Actually, this does work.

this.resolveNode("#event").submit.target = "mailto:somebody@somewhere.com; " + emailFromTxt .rawValue + "?subject=email data&body=This is the body  text.";

Is there a way to make the second URL (the emailFromTxtfield) as CC or BCC?

Correct answer by
Level 10

This is the changed script that you have used..

this.resolveNode("#event").submit.target = "mailto:somebody@somewhere.com; " + emailFromTxt .rawValue + "?cc=" + strCCAddress + "&subject=email data&body=This is the body  text.";

If the above script does not work, try the below script to send CC Email Address.

var strToAddress, strCCAddress, strSubject, strMessage

strToAddress = "YourEmailAddress@YourCompany.com";
strCCAddress = "YourCCEmailAddress@YourCompany.com";

strSubject = txtSubject.rawValue;

strMessage = txtMessage.rawValue;

event.target.submitForm({cURL:"mailto:"+ strToAddress + "?cc=" + strCCAddress + "&subject=" + strSubject + "&body=" + strMessage,cSubmitAs:"PDF",cCharset:"utf-8"});

Thanks

Srini

Level 4

Also, is there a way to send a specific subject at runtime, maybe something like this?

this.resolveNode("#event").submit.target = "mailto: somebody@somewhere.com; " + emailFromTxt.rawValue + "?subject=Request from" + firstNameTxt.rawValue + middleInitialTxt.rawValue + lastNameTxt.rawValue + "&body=This is the body text.";

Level 4

And in a similar way, how could I change the body text of the email to include some of the fields from the form?

Level 10

If you look at the sample code I provided earlier, I am using local variables tohold the Subject and Message text. I am taking the values from two different fields on the form. You can change it to get the message from multiple text fields and conmbine them.

strMessage = txtMessage1.rawValue + txtMessage2.rawValue + txtMessage3.rawValue;

Similarly if you do not want the Subject to appear in the email, then set the strSubject to ""..

strSubject = "";

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Srini

Level 4

This code works and sends a PDF, which is desirable. However, something strange happens. When

I click on Submit by Email, the dialog for sending the email comes up, then the email itself. After I click

Send, another email dialog comes up, and when I click that, I get an email with a CC and the attachment is

XML, rather than PDF. Can you try your code in LiveCycle ES2 and see if the same thing happens?

Level 10

Send your form to LiveCycle9@gmail.com so I can have a look at it..

Not sure what is going wrong.. The form I send you works fine in ES and ES2..

Thanks

Srini