Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

Submit by email not working

Level 1

Sorry i am new with this program. I have create a form with an Submit by email button. When i try to submit the filled out form via desktop Email Application selection, nothing happens.

Can anyone please help?

thanks

15 Replies

Level 6

Hi,

Do you have default email application like Outlook or The Bat ?

If desktop Email Application this app should be opened with attachment of your form or xml.

Also form should be Reader Extended to send pdf.

BR,

Paul Butenko

Level 1

Yes i am using Mozilla thunderbird as my default.

how do i enable Reader Extended to send pdf?

Level 6

Hi,

To reader extedn form you can use Acrobt Reader or Reader Extension ES.

Also post your form, i'll have a look.

BR

Level 1

Hey thanks here is my test form. dont worry about the content. I am just trying to get it working first.

Level 6

Hi,

Actually youre mail button is working fine on my machine. When I clicked it dialog appeared , i chose desktop email, and my outlook was opened. Maybe youre default email application not installed propely? Or it is not default?

BR

Level 1

Ok thanks mate.

Ill check to see whats going on. By the Way what are you opening it in reader or acrobat pro?

Level 6

Hi,

I tried both. It proposed me to send email.

BR

Level 2

Greetings, Paul....

I've had the same problem.  I'm using Thunderbird, which is set as my default e-mail client.  But I can't make the "submit by e-mail" button work, either.  If I change my default e-mail to Outlook Express, it seems to open Outlook Express without problem -- but I don't have my e-mail account set up in Outlook -- and I've had the same complaint from others who have other e-mail clients than the Microsoft products.

I've posted this request before, but never received an answer.  This problem isn't related to just one form -- it's the same problem with any form that contains the "submit by e-mail" button.

It would really help if this problem could be solved.  From my reading on the forums, it has been hanging fire for several years.

Thanks for your help!

Level 1

Ok thanks for that. I was trying to get that form to work on multiple machines running thunderbird it was not working.

I hope this issue can be solved sometime soon.

Thanks for all the help guys.

P.S

Does anyone have a list of all the email clients that this function works in or doesnt work in?

Level 10

I think it should work with any email client that is configured to be the default mail handler (MAPI on Windows).

Level 2

Indeed it should! But it doesn't! Several people have had the same complaint!

Level 10

I tried downloading Thunderbird and setting it up as the default client and no luck. I'm running Windows 7 and tried setting it from Thunderbird and from the Windows default program setting tool.

Hunted around the 'net a bit and it seems it's a common problem with Thunderbird. Looks like there might be some bugs in its Simple MAPI support.

Level 2

It isn't just Thunderbird. I have customers who use other e-mail clients and they had the same problem.

Level 1

I also had a problem with the adobe pdf form not getting submitted when Thunderbird was the default email client.  In my case I was getting an error message.  Internet Explorer and Thunderbird were both set to Thunderbird as the default email client.

My fix:

Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Set Program Access and Defaults [on the left] -> Custom, and set Mozilla Thunderbird as your default e-mail application.

If you're using Windows Vista go to Start -> Default Programs -> Set Program Access and Computer Defaults and set Mozilla Thunderbird as your default e-mail application.

This worked for me.  I can now click submit (form set to mailto: and send completed pdf back) and it will open a new mail window from Thunderbird with the pdf attached!

Thunderbird version version 2.0.0.22

Adobe Acrobat Pro 9

Hope this helps!

Dave~

Level 2

That didn't work, either. I got an error message saying (a) I couldn't save the data I entered in the form (another gripe I have with LiveCycle), and (b) it would only send the data, not the whole form. When I clicked Okay, I got another error message: "This operation is not permitted."

Thanks for trying, though.

Rontiara