Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Submit Button - Email & URL

Level 1

Hello, I'm rather new to working with Adobe LiveCycle Designer. I have installed a sucessful e-mail button to the form, but I would also like to have it enter a webpage after the user had submitted their form. I know that this is possible since I've done this with Acrobat. I'm fine with installing scripts, since my form has a few existing functions. I've searched for the url function - if any, but couldn't locate it.

I do have another somewhat relevant question. For better versality, should I export the file to static version 6 or 7? I would like to know if it'll be able to keep the same functions.

I appreciate the assistance!

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

The command you are looking for is:

app.launchURL("http://www.assurehsc.ie/blog", true);

New features are added all the time to the XFA Specification, so if you save your form for an older version, then some of the features that you build into your form may not work.

You can set the target version of the form in the File > Form Properties > Defaults tab:

Parallels Desktop2.png

But then you should look in the Warnings tab to see if your form will work OK in that taget version. If there are no warnings you are good to go. If there are warnings it will tell you the min version you need to set the target for:

Parallels Desktop2.png

Static forms tend to be smaller in file size. However if you start to show/hide objects or move objects around or have buttons to add objects, then you will need to save your form as Dynamic:

Parallels Desktop1.png

Good luck,

Niall

Level 1

This is the information that I need, although is it  possible to execute the script if validation is met? I do want the user to be able to fill out the form, have all required fields filled out, send out the form via e-mail, and then be redirected to a page. This was possible to Acrobat, although I don't know how to get the validation done, so that is why I'm working with the LiveCycle.

Level 10

Hi,

Here is a sample with a required field: https://acrobat.com/#d=JXrO*Eb8bm9jtqFWwxYmsA

The three email buttons will not proceed until the required field(s) are completed.

This just checks that the required fields are not null. If you want to verify the quality/correctness of the data that the user is inputting then you would do that at object/field validation.

Niall