Expand my Community achievements bar.

subforms - wrapping in or out

Former Community Member

New to Live.  Working on a memo form that needs to expand as the writer needs - page 2, 3 4 etc.

I've got most of it done, but am confused with the subform wrapping.  I have a text box created, it is the last object on the page.  Does the subform go inside of that, or does the text box go inside the subform? 

Is there only one line needed in the text box and the subform?  I've read this,

Wrap form objects in subforms and setting occurrence values

and it seems that it is. I just want to make sure.

Thank you very much for any help. I've read the help pages, and understand (I think) the expand across pages, but do not know which one goes within which one.

5 Replies

Level 7

If you want to use a subform you would put the textbox inside the subform, and just make sure you have ticked "Allow page breaks within Content" for both the textbox and the subform. However if you just have a textbox that you want to expand it doesn't need to be in a subform, just make sure the page it is on and the textbox both have "Allow page breaks within Content" ticked and the page is set to flowed.

Former Community Member

Hi okay - none of my subforms will now allow page breaks within content.  The one that needs to is set to flow.  It is within a larger one also set to flow.  There is one subform that is set to positioned, within the overall subform(flow) but even that over all subform will not allow breaks within content. 

I would upload it but I do not know how to put the form up for you to look at.

Thank you for any help.

Julia

Former Community Member

Now back at the computer I think the reason why the sub forms were not allowing the page breaks within content is because I moved them all to be under Page 1 directly, in the hierarchy rather than the master page section of the hierarchy. So that is fixed.

All sub forms can now allow breaks but the one text portion that is like to carry over dynamically depending on length and content to the next page is not doing it. It is just scrolling within the main text area. Not carrying on.

Suggestions?

Thank you Julia

Ps pagination for the sub form needed to expand is not accessible. The sh form that needs to expand is under the main subform for the entire page which also allows breaks.

Former Community Member

Okay.  Is it possible the reason the overflow was not working was because the form was not saved as dynamic pdf?