Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Subform reference (instance/index)

Level 2

I have two drop-down boxes in a subform.  When item in first drop-down is selected, items in second drop-down are limited (see example below).  My problem is when multiple instances of the subform exist, the first drop down will only apply to the first instance of the form.  Is there a way to be more specific in a subform row/instance reference?  I want to change the item in the current row or current instance of subform.

Example: 

1st Drop-down     2nd Drop-down

US                     New York or Washington (choose one)

France                Paris or St. Martin (choose one)  

Thanks

4 Replies

Level 2

This image illustrates my problem.  This table is actually a series of subforms.  When a new instance is added, the user can choose a different region and then a state within the region.  My problem is as rows/subforms are added I can't get the code to refer to the appropriate instance.  It will only refer to the first instance and no new instances.

Region.JPG

Level 2

Ida, my code is below.  I guess it is not specific enough.

form1.page1.subform1.subform2.TableParent1.TableBodyRow.DropDownList68b::initialize - (JavaScript, client)

myScriptObject.loadData(this,form1.page1.subform1.subform2.TableParent1.TableBodyRow.DropDownList68a);

Level 2

My only issue now is when the second instance of the subform is created I can't get the correct States to show in the State drop-down.  In the illustration below, these are not the correct states for Region I.

Region.JPG