Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

subform presence hidden until event triggers

Former Community Member

On my main form I have a field users must select from a droplist.  Depending on what they select I have different subforms with questions that become present.  The main form triggers the event from a "On Exit" so my problem comes into play once the user has completed and saved this form and they reopen it the completed subform is not visible.  I understand its because no "exit" took place upon opening the saved form, but how should I handle?

9 Replies

Level 8

Put your code in the initialize or docReady event of your object.

Kyle

Former Community Member

But when I do that my subform is not visible when I select from the item from droplist that should make my subform visible.

Level 8

Is the code in the Exit and docReady events?

Kyle

Level 8

Are you using the Action Builder? How did you get it to work on Exit before?

Kyle

Former Community Member

I am using javascript (below) which works perfectly until the form is saved with data and reopened not displaying those data fields because I am not “re-triggering” because there is no exist taking place upon just opening a completed form

Button1.Parent.STPA.Note_Type::exit - (JavaScript, client)

if (this.rawValue=="Tax Anticipation")

Sub_PropertyTax.presence="visible"

else

Sub_PropertyTax.presence="invisible";

if (this.rawValue=="Tax Anticipation")

Tax_Set_Aside.presence="visible"

else

Tax_Set_Aside.presence="invisible";

if (this.rawValue=="Revenue Anticipation")

Sub_Revenue.presence="visible"

else

Sub_Revenue.presence="invisible";

Level 8

Hmm, I'd have to see the form. If that code is in the exit AND docReady event of Button1.Parent.STPA.Note_Type and it works on exit then it should work on form startup.

If you want, you can post it here so I can have a look.

Kyle

Former Community Member

I have it in the exit AND docReady event of Button1.Parent.STPA.Note_Type however when the completed form gets opened the subform remains set to invisible

Former Community Member

My mistake, I had my Note_Type field set to invisible. Everything is working now and I couldn’t have done it without your help thank you.