Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Subform instances problem

Level 3

I have a subform that reads data from an XML data file.

For every instance of an XML data elelment - I want a new instance of the subform with the associated data -

I cannot seem to get this to work - after many attempts.

from the Live Cycle UI - The for It appears to be working , at least, the bindings are correctly indicating the right information for the subform - but the object palette is grayed out and I can't seem to figure out how to instruct the subform to re-instantiate for every occurrence of a particular XML data element.  It reads the first element encountered , one only .... and misses all other occurrences of the data element.

would it be possible to zip up the form and the xml data file and submit it for a review -

the form is actually rather simple - so this is even more frustrating  (Arggh)

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

That has been disabled for generic users (security concerns I guess).

Paul

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 3

Thaks Paul ;

I have sent the form and the data file - to the email yo listed.

The form is signed, etc - and works normally - but i can' identify the issue for the subform instances -

I gave it my best effort -

Thanks for assisting .

Former Community Member

Haven't recieved it yet ...as soon as it gets here I will have a look.

Paul

Level 3

How can I attach things to this forum - I have seen some posts using attachments -

that looks handy - I just can;t locate how to implement it .

I am using pokey mail - not quitre snail mail , or gumby mail (LOL)  -  would be much faster . if i could just attach the pdf and Xml file to this thread.

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

That has been disabled for generic users (security concerns I guess).

Paul

Level 3

Thaks for the help Paul- the form is working great and i appreciate the help

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----