Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Subform hidden/visible views reverting to default after saving and reopening pdf

Level 1

I have a dynamic form that I created in LiveCycle.  I have a drop down that allows a user to select between a couple different types of questions.  The subforms become visible or hidden based on the selection.  They can then proceed with filling out the form and save it.  (The form is user rights enabled).

If the form is opened on another computer the form hidden and visible views revert to their default states.  The text is still there but it is hidden.  How do I make it so once the form is filled out and saved it does not revert to the default view?

More background:

My workflow allows a Supervisor to click on a button and unlock a form.  Once the form is unloced the Supervisor can add additional subforms to the document and type in specific questions and choose between different types of questions.  They then click on a button to LOCK those fields and they have dynamically created a new form.  They then save it and e-mail to the end user to fill out.  Unfortunately when the end user opens the document they cannot not see certain questions as the form has reverted to its default views.  I.E.  Subform A is visible and Subform B and Subform C are now hidden.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

In the File > Form Properties > Default tab there is an option to preserve script changes. Change this from Manual to Automatic.

Parallels Desktop1.png

Hope that helps,

Niall

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

In the File > Form Properties > Default tab there is an option to preserve script changes. Change this from Manual to Automatic.

Parallels Desktop1.png

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 1

I have been derelict in my duty to thank you for your answer.  I really appreciate your help and should have thanked you sooner!  Thank you Niall!