Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

String concat in webservice

Former Community Member

Hello!

I've created a webservice that reads a value from a database using this SQL statement:

SELECT ID from sequencias WHERE ( ref = {$ /process_data/@refFormulario$});

This just returns a number (in a string output variable) to the form.

Now I need to concatenate a slash and the current year. So if the the number is, say, 345, I need to add "/2011".

Question: should I add another Task or is there a way of using a string function (like Concat) to do this?

And... how do I do it? I've tried to use concat when building the Data mapping, but it did not work.

Thank you for any hints!

Marcos

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Option1 :

You can concatenate this string in the SQL statement itself which is faster than any other options below.

Query (for Microsoft Sql Server database)

Query (for MySql database)

Option 2:

Concatenate the result string from web service using a SetValue activity at the end of web service workflow.

Assignment:

Assuming that the output variable name is "result"

Option 3:

After the data gets populated in the form field, you can change through either JavaScript or FormCalc.

Nith

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Option1 :

You can concatenate this string in the SQL statement itself which is faster than any other options below.

Query (for Microsoft Sql Server database)

Query (for MySql database)

Option 2:

Concatenate the result string from web service using a SetValue activity at the end of web service workflow.

Assignment:

Assuming that the output variable name is "result"

Option 3:

After the data gets populated in the form field, you can change through either JavaScript or FormCalc.

Nith

Former Community Member

Hey Nith!

Thank you very much, once again!

I used the Workbench solution, worked perfectly!

Thank you!

Marcos