Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Stamping and comments in form

Former Community Member

I have created a form with an expandable table because the need for extra spots are needed at times.  On my old form, I was able to stamp images and comments onto the form, however, with the new form, I am not able to do this. 

The error message I revieve is:

"This form is interactive and has special features.  To save a copy of it that you can treat as any other PDF file, choose File>Print and then choose the Adobe PDF printer.  This creates a PDF file that does not have special features, so you can add comments to it or send it our for review."

The PDF is set up to allow people to edit and save the form from Adobe Reader.

If it matters, I used a table from another form I found online and edited it to match what I needed, since I was unable to creat the expanding table myself.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

You can only apply commenting and annotations to Static PDF Forms. If you have saved your form as a Dynamic XML Form in the save as dialog (which you would need to do for the dynamic behaviour of adding instances), then you will not be able to add comments.

Deploy Options 05 - Commenting.png

Good luck,

Niall

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

You can only apply commenting and annotations to Static PDF Forms. If you have saved your form as a Dynamic XML Form in the save as dialog (which you would need to do for the dynamic behaviour of adding instances), then you will not be able to add comments.

Deploy Options 05 - Commenting.png

Good luck,

Niall

Former Community Member

Thanks, I was hoping that wasn't the case.  I guess I'll have to go back to a Static PDF

Level 1

Nial

can you tell me if this has been corrected by ADOBE yet? I have some sales forms where I recently had to add some Dynamic fields for management thus changing them from Static to Dynamic forms. I did not know about this "Feature" of the Dynamic forms when we published the new forms. Since then I am getting lots of complaints from my sales people that they cannot highlight / make comments by fields that the customers need to fill out and/or sign.

I am using LiveCycle X.

thanks

Tammy