Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Sql exceptions handling

Former Community Member

Hello,

I have a problem to figure out how to handle SQL Exceptions when using JdbcService in LiveCycle short-lived process.

Could You guide me to some article about sql exceptions handling ?

I see, that lots of services has "bolt" in its visual representation (e.g. FileUtilsService/Write Document) and It is possible to define alternative workflow by dragging new route from bolt.

What is the standard way to handle sqlException then?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

The latest version of LiveCycle contains a "bolt" to trap exceptions.

If you're using 8.2, you can try to leverage the Exception event.

Create a separate process and add a Exception event Start Point. This should catch the exception.

Jasmin

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

The latest version of LiveCycle contains a "bolt" to trap exceptions.

If you're using 8.2, you can try to leverage the Exception event.

Create a separate process and add a Exception event Start Point. This should catch the exception.

Jasmin

Former Community Member

Thanks Jasmin,

I didn't know the option with creating Exception event. It could be better then "bolts" approach for larger processes to avoid messy catching of multiple exceptions.

Do I understand correctly, that Exceptions for e.g. JDBC service are not hierarchical?

So that catching "SYSTEM EXCEPTION" does not catch SQLException nor JDBCConnectionException and if I want to handle all the exceptions I have to drag 5 exception-worflows?

Which approach is more commonly used - "bolts" or exception events?

Thanks.

Level 10

You are correct. They are not hierarchical. You would need one route per exception you want to trap.

Jasmin