Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Simpliest way to fill xml data into a drop down list

Level 1
Level 1

Dear all

I have a dept.xml as below.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<departments>
<department>Account</department>
<departmentAdmin</department>
<department>Safety</department>
</departments>

May I know what is simpliest way to fill "Account", "Admin" and "Safety" into a drop down list?  And how?  Can done by pure binding?  Or must done by scripting?

Thx all!

CL

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

To embed the XML data into PDF file, open it in Acrobat then:

Forms -> Manage form data -> Import Data.

And choose you XML file.

Hope this helps.

Diego

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Former Community Member

You will need to import this data file into Designer and create a Data Connection.....then highlight the DDlist object and click on the Object palette. you will need to activate the Dynamic Properties. Under the Tools menu choose Options. Now choose Data Binding and the 1st option on that screen "Dynamic Properties" needs to be checked. Close the Options dialogs and now back in the Object palette there will be additional properties that are bindable (they will be underlined). On the Binding tab there will be a "Specify Item Values" underlined. Click on this link and a wizard will start to allow you to bind the xml nodes to the ddlist.

Now that the binding is setup you will still have to import the data file when the PDF is rendered.

Hope that helps

Paul

Level 1
Level 1

Dear Paul

Thx a lot!

I got them on the ddlist in preview function in LiveCycle Designer, but when I open the pdf with Adobe Reader, nothing in ddlist, I placed the .xml file in same directory with the pdf file already, I also tried attach the .xml to the pdf by acrobat but still the same.  Do you know why?  How can I embed the .xml file to the pdf file?  Thx a lot in advance...

P.S. I'm using LiveCycle Designer 8.0.

CL

Correct answer by
Level 5

To embed the XML data into PDF file, open it in Acrobat then:

Forms -> Manage form data -> Import Data.

And choose you XML file.

Hope this helps.

Diego

Level 1
Level 1

Thx a lot everyone, I work it out with all your help!!!