Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Simple question: how to output text if variable has certain value?

Level 1

Hi,

I have been struggling with LC quite a bit the last few days. What I want is the following (in a floating field):

if

if

($.record xxx.xxx.xxx == 0 ) then

text output = X

else

else

text output = Y

endif

Seems simple but I can't get it to work. I have managed to create a workaround by using the $.parent.presence function, creating two fields where one is visible if $.record xxx.xxx.xxx == 0 . Although this is working, it is not the cleanest solution, and I would really like my original "idea" to work. I have tried several options but I just can't get it to work.

How can I get a simple text output if a record has certain value, and another simple text output if the record has another value?

And if that works, how can I get a text output which is the value of a record, if another record has a certain value? So something like:

if

($.record xxx.xxx.xxx == 0 ) then

text output = $.record xxx.xxx.xxy

else

else

text output = $.record xxx.xxx.xyy

endif

Thanks in Advance!

Arn

3 Replies

Former Community Member

I am not sure I follow ...can you post  a sample with data so we can see what it is you mean?

Paul

Level 1

if

($record.I_ASDF_REF.DATA[*].ABC.rawValue == 100 ) then

TextField1

= "text text"

endif

if

($record.I_ASDF_REF.DATA[*].BCD.rawValue == 200 ) then

TextField1

= "text2 text2"

endif

Hope this clarifies it a bit.

Former Community Member

This is still very difficult without seeing the forum and it structure but you have an * in your expression indicating that you have more than one of those fields. You can compare a single value against the 100 at a time. Also do you have a subform or an object called record?  If you want to share the form you can mail it to LiveCycle8@gmail.com and I will have a look when I get a chance.

Paul