Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.

Silently deploy fully updated version of Livecycle ES3?

Level 2

We will redeploying this software to several computers when the users get their old PCs replaced.  They had all been manually installed previously.

I found a command to do a silent install, msiexec /i "<path>\Designer\Designer.msi" /quiet /norestart SERIALNUMBER=XXXXXX

but I assume there will be a bunch of updates needed after installing from the original media files. 

Is there a command for it to silently download and install all available updates right after installation?

Are there other ways to automate deploying LiveCycle ES3 will the newest patches?

5 Replies

Employee

LiveCycle installer also support silent installation that can be used for automated deployment

Former Community Member

N Santosh Kumar, could you please state HOW to initiate a silent install? I can only find statements like yours above but NOT how to actually do the trick ...

Former Community Member

Standard MSI commands for the Updates

msiexec /p <UpdateFile>.MSP /quiet

Former Community Member

brigitte-m,

Here is the syntax for a silent install:

Here is the basic syntax on how to do this:

msiexec.exe /i "[FILE_PATH]\Designer.msi" USERNAME="THE_USERNAME" COMPANYNAME="THE_COMPANY_NAME" SERIALNUMBER="XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXX" /L*v "[PATH_TO_VERBOSE_INSTALL_LOG]\DesignerInstallLog.log" /quiet

Level 1

Is there any way to check the installed LiveCycle Designer software to confirm whether or not it is serialized?  I mean other than waiting 60 days to see if you get a message about the trial version expiring of course...  Any indication in the software, or maybe a file in the program folder, or a log file which would indicate serialized vs trial installation?

Thanks!