Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Silently deploy fully updated version of Livecycle ES3?

Level 2

We will redeploying this software to several computers when the users get their old PCs replaced.  They had all been manually installed previously.

I found a command to do a silent install, msiexec /i "<path>\Designer\Designer.msi" /quiet /norestart SERIALNUMBER=XXXXXX

but I assume there will be a bunch of updates needed after installing from the original media files. 

Is there a command for it to silently download and install all available updates right after installation?

Are there other ways to automate deploying LiveCycle ES3 will the newest patches?

5 Replies

Employee

LiveCycle installer also support silent installation that can be used for automated deployment

Former Community Member

N Santosh Kumar, could you please state HOW to initiate a silent install? I can only find statements like yours above but NOT how to actually do the trick ...

Former Community Member

Standard MSI commands for the Updates

msiexec /p <UpdateFile>.MSP /quiet

Former Community Member

brigitte-m,

Here is the syntax for a silent install:

Here is the basic syntax on how to do this:

msiexec.exe /i "[FILE_PATH]\Designer.msi" USERNAME="THE_USERNAME" COMPANYNAME="THE_COMPANY_NAME" SERIALNUMBER="XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXX" /L*v "[PATH_TO_VERBOSE_INSTALL_LOG]\DesignerInstallLog.log" /quiet

Level 1

Is there any way to check the installed LiveCycle Designer software to confirm whether or not it is serialized?  I mean other than waiting 60 days to see if you get a message about the trial version expiring of course...  Any indication in the software, or maybe a file in the program folder, or a log file which would indicate serialized vs trial installation?

Thanks!