Expand my Community achievements bar.

Send email to a list of users in the form

Former Community Member

Hello,

I have a simple process that the user fill and submit the form  to route to the manager for approval. The form does contain a list of names on it and I would like to send email to these names and I've tried the Find Users or Send Email but it does not work.

Can any one please advise on how to get this done.

Thanks in advance,

HD

4 Replies

Level 1

Once the form is submitted , you may extract the xml data  and then iterate the xml nodes in order to find the name of the users . Then using the 'find user' activity, get the user info( e.g. email of the user ) and  send mail to the user list . You may find a link below for a sample process that takes an input xml and does a lookup for the email address corresponding to the name of the user and parallely create a user list  . finally it sends mail to the entire user list .

sample:-  https://workspaces.acrobat.com/?d=O7BJn8C*4d5G1pR6292wow

hope this helps!

Former Community Member

Hi Aayush,

Thanks for the helpful tips. However, I tried to apply the same technique to LC ES version and it does not seem to like the part of concatenate the email and the process keep stalling with the below error.

[5/1/13 14:50:05:761 CDT] 0000017e AWS           E com.adobe.workflow.engine.ProcessEngineBMTBean stallAction stalling action-instance: 130789 with message: Expected one of '.', '..', '@', '*', <QName>: org.jaxen.XPathSyntaxException: Expected one of '.', '..', '@', '*', <QName>

Can you provide some more advises.

Thanks,

HD

Former Community Member

Well, the reason that I get the error above because sometimes the user enter the empName that different from the empName from the LC database. e.g user may enter the emplName like John Smith or John T. Smith so when it concatenate the email address, it could not get the initial name.

I tried to apply the UserID like 'jsmith' but it does not work right.

Can you please advise.

Thanks in advance,

HD

Level 1

We would need to  have a mapping somewhere( i.e. db / ldap ) for the entered user name and email .

for ex:  If we have a mapping ( name:John Smith - email: jsmith@localhost  ) in the DB , then a lookup for user name: 'John T. Smith' will not return the email , since it's a mismatch.