Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Selecting additional pages

Level 2

Is there a way to allow a user to add additional pages using something like a drop down list?  I want to create a form with a standard first page and a drop down list at the bottom that they can use to add other (pre-made) pages. 

For example, the first page of an inspection report is standard, but the next pages have image fields in tables that are 2x2, 2x3, 1x1, etc.  I would like to be able to allow the user to choose the right page from a list depending on their needs.

Is this even possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Sure, but it wouldn't be adding pages per say. More of showing hidden ones. What I do in this instance is add all of the pages that I think the user would need then either use the Action Builder or a javascript to show the relevant pages. So for example if you use the Action Builder you can select your drop down box and then when a certain value is selected, display the relevant page while the others remaing hidden. If you use page numbers, in the Custom Object library there is a "page n of m" that you can add and it will automatically update the page numbers.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Sure, but it wouldn't be adding pages per say. More of showing hidden ones. What I do in this instance is add all of the pages that I think the user would need then either use the Action Builder or a javascript to show the relevant pages. So for example if you use the Action Builder you can select your drop down box and then when a certain value is selected, display the relevant page while the others remaing hidden. If you use page numbers, in the Custom Object library there is a "page n of m" that you can add and it will automatically update the page numbers.

Level 2

Ok, I saw another post where someone did this and this may be the route I take.  So, would you use mutiple master pages, or just one with overlapping objects that were hidden until the user selects which ones to display?

Level 5

You need not use multiple master pages. In one flowable page include all the Objects and user can display what ever he needs.

Vjay