Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Selecting additional pages

Level 2

Is there a way to allow a user to add additional pages using something like a drop down list?  I want to create a form with a standard first page and a drop down list at the bottom that they can use to add other (pre-made) pages. 

For example, the first page of an inspection report is standard, but the next pages have image fields in tables that are 2x2, 2x3, 1x1, etc.  I would like to be able to allow the user to choose the right page from a list depending on their needs.

Is this even possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Sure, but it wouldn't be adding pages per say. More of showing hidden ones. What I do in this instance is add all of the pages that I think the user would need then either use the Action Builder or a javascript to show the relevant pages. So for example if you use the Action Builder you can select your drop down box and then when a certain value is selected, display the relevant page while the others remaing hidden. If you use page numbers, in the Custom Object library there is a "page n of m" that you can add and it will automatically update the page numbers.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Sure, but it wouldn't be adding pages per say. More of showing hidden ones. What I do in this instance is add all of the pages that I think the user would need then either use the Action Builder or a javascript to show the relevant pages. So for example if you use the Action Builder you can select your drop down box and then when a certain value is selected, display the relevant page while the others remaing hidden. If you use page numbers, in the Custom Object library there is a "page n of m" that you can add and it will automatically update the page numbers.

Level 2

Ok, I saw another post where someone did this and this may be the route I take.  So, would you use mutiple master pages, or just one with overlapping objects that were hidden until the user selects which ones to display?

Level 5

You need not use multiple master pages. In one flowable page include all the Objects and user can display what ever he needs.

Vjay