Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Script to remove all rows in a table except the first

Level 5

Please see the screenshots for the question/radio button I'm scripting.  If "No" is clicked I would like it to delete all rows except the first one.  So if the user first clicks Yes, adds a bunch of rows and then clicks No, I want all the extra rows to be deleted.  I'm using the script below but it only deletes half of the rows at a time.  I have to click No 2-3 times to delete all the rows.  Greatly appreciate any help!

// remove extra rows that may have been added

var rowCount = Page2.UserList.Table1._RowUserName.count;

for (var i=0; i<rowCount; i++) {

Page2.UserList.Table1._RowUserName.removeInstance(i);

}

LCD1.png

lCD2.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi there,

you can directly use the setInstances method of the instanceManager like the following :

Hope this will help you!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi there,

you can directly use the setInstances method of the instanceManager like the following :

Hope this will help you!

Level 5

That worked like a charm!  That's what happens when you learn to script through the school of hard knocks, just fumbling your way through it -- I just had to teach myself javascript, so I never discovered this function before.  Really appreciate the help.