Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Script to capture who digitally signed the form

Level 9

Is it possible to access the name of the person who digitally signed a LiveCycle form so I can also save that information to the database?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can read those information from the signatureInfo() object.

event.target.getField("form1[0].#subform[0].Signature[0]").signatureInfo().name;

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can read those information from the signatureInfo() object.

event.target.getField("form1[0].#subform[0].Signature[0]").signatureInfo().name;

Level 9

Thank you for your help with this. It returns the name and email address. Is it possible to get just the name?

Level 10

No, but since this is just a string you can use javascript methods to extract the desired information.

event.target.getField("form1[0].#subform[0].Signature[0]").signatureInfo().name.replace(/(([^<>()\[\]\\.,;:\s@"]+(\.[^<>()\[\]\\.,;:\s@"]+)*)|(".+"))@((\[[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}])|(([a-zA-Z\-0-9]+\.)+[a-zA-Z]{2,}))/, "");

Level 9

This is what I get...

Firstname LastName <> (FirstName LastName)

Level 10

Sorry, that doesn't tell me anything.

What was original string?

Level 9

Sorry, I had to leave last night.

The original string was:

Bob Smith <bsmith@tactair.com> (Bob Smith)

Level 10

Ok, you'll have to change the regular expression a bit.

event.target.getField("form1[0].#subform[0].Signature[0]").signatureInfo().name.replace(/<*(([^<>()\[\]\\.,;:\s@"]+(\.[^<>()\[\]\\.,;:\s@"]+)*)|(".+"))@((\[[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}])|(([a-zA-Z\-0-9]+\.)+[a-zA-Z]{2,})).+/, "");

Level 9

radzmar,

That script works perfect!

Thanks so much!

-Don