Expand my Community achievements bar.

Script Failed / Violation of Document Permissions Setting

Level 1

I have created a PDF Fillable Form (with one calculation script)  and is locked from editing and no loger fillable when I place a digital signature and save with a new file name.   When you open of the new file you get the following error:

Script failed (language is formcalc: context is xfa[0].from[0].topmostsubform[0].Page1[0].LA[0])script=$ = LTV * SP/100

Error: Property: ‘field’ cannot be set because doing so would violate this document’s permissions settings.

error.JPG

The form will open; however, I want to avoid the recipient of the form from getting the same error.  Can anyone offer any suggestions on how to fix? 

2 Replies

Level 10

I'm not sure but I think it's because you've digitally signed it so any change to the form would invalidate the signature. If the script is on an initialize (or calculate?) event or something like that that would be changing the form I think.

I've only ever played around with the signatures though so I don't know much about them.

Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

There is one way you can avoid this alert. Put your script in if condition: Check if signature field is null then only allow otherwise not.

Thanks