Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Script failed on Formcalc

Level 1

Hello!

I have created a total sum calculation in a table using formcalc, which works when the pdf is open in reader. The issue is that an error message occurs upon opening the document & when entering the numbers. However, all the tables calcuate the sum correctly...

Here is the error message:

Capture.JPG

Is there a way to identify the location of the error? or is this something that requires rewriting the script?

I am not familiar with writing script.. so I was heavily relying on FormCalc..

Thank you for any advice!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

The object xfa.form.forml.Page3.tblProjRev has the script in your initial image above and this has a reference to DCA15 in the second line;

Row4.COS14=Row2.DCA14+ Row3.CityDep14

Row4.COS15=Row2.DCA15+Row3.CityDept15

Is that not showing up in the script editor?

There are some other errors as well, since you are getting "Message limit exceeded. Remaining 2 errors not reported." but fixing that show the next message.

Bruce

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

There error is trying to say that Row2 doesn't have a field called DCA15.

Maybe a screenshot of the hierarchy palette would help us understand the problem.

Regards

Bruce

Level 1

Capture_Application.JPG

This is the only row 2...

I am working off an application someone else created... so that's why I don't know..

Thanks Bruce

Level 10

The field in Row2 is named DCA14 not DCA15.

Level 1

Right , but the error said "error, accessor 'Row2.DCA15' is unknown... I don't list DCA15 in the caluation... Should I look for this in the a different location? 

I even renamed the DCA14 cell, but the error still occurred..,,

Level 10

In line 4 of the error message above you'll find Row2.DCA15 which doesn't exist.

Level 1

Yeah, i know that it lists DCA15 in the error message... still don't understand how to fix the problem.

DCA15 is not listed in the Hierarchy, I don't list it in the calculation, would it be somewhere else? like on the xml source?

any ideas? or should I just provide the document...

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

The object xfa.form.forml.Page3.tblProjRev has the script in your initial image above and this has a reference to DCA15 in the second line;

Row4.COS14=Row2.DCA14+ Row3.CityDep14

Row4.COS15=Row2.DCA15+Row3.CityDept15

Is that not showing up in the script editor?

There are some other errors as well, since you are getting "Message limit exceeded. Remaining 2 errors not reported." but fixing that show the next message.

Bruce

Level 1

Thank you!!

I found the error... I was looking on the specific cell, and not on the general page for the script editor. I also was looking at the xml source for the error... oops. I am new to livecycle and don't know code...

I was able to remove all the incorrect formulas.

Thanks for your patience & replies!