Expand my Community achievements bar.

Screenshare trouble

Level 2

I'm using the ScreenSharePublisher here and i'm having a weird behavior. When i run it in Flex debug, it is launched like this: "file://path/main.html". When i make the share with "screenSharePublisher.publish();" it prompts the addin and i'm able to share my screen. When i put it on my local server, i can't have the add-in share options prompted. Altough the "Adobe ScreenShare" is in my app bar, it doesn't appear anything, and the screen is not being shared. Is there any additional config needed in order to make it work in localhost?

Regards.

5 Replies

Level 2

I have already try having my room url without the "https", with just "http" but it didn't work in my case. I can't see the window dialog, no AddInLauncherEvent are dispatched and i can't figure out how to make a workaround in this case.

Anyone?

Employee

What's your application's URL ? We just found a problem with 'short' hostnames (I.e. Host.com instead of www.host.com) that will be fixed with the next sdk. If this is your case please try to use a different hostname, like add www)

Sent from my iPhone

Level 2

Hi, my url is my machine ip, something like (10.0.1.5)... I tried deploying

it in a webserver and it worked... I don't know exactly but it seems to be a

problem with the url.

Thanks for the answer, regards.

2010/12/23 Raff. <forums@adobe.com>

What's your application's URL ? We just found a problem with 'short'

hostnames (I.e. Host.com instead of www.host.com) that will be fixed with

the next sdk. If this is your case please try to use a different hostname,

like add www)

>

Sent from my iPhone

>

Employee

We'll make sure we check your use case too, but at this point it will have to be after the holidays. Thanks for reporting the problem.

Level 2

No problem, we are in holiday too, so we don't have a hurry to it.

Thanks for replying.

Regards, happy holidays.

2010/12/24 Raff. <forums@adobe.com>

We'll make sure we check your use case too, but at this point it will have

to be after the holidays. Thanks for reporting the problem.

>