Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Saving the fillable pdf

Level 2

Hi this is balaji from solve it corp.I already gone through one post and saw the Lock field and saving it as a new pdfhttps://acrobat.com/app.html#d=*jSHIzy-zFVL-QNo6KCQ1Q.But I am unable to view the scripts.By the way I am using "adobe acrobat pro", there I have only java scripts and Im using the trial version.Can anyone help me to get the scripts for locking the controls and saving the pdf in the "adobe acobat pro".Or is it difficult in using the trial version

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

You woudl have to open the file in LiveCycle Designer to be able to get to the scripts.

Paul

View solution in original post

24 Replies

Level 2

Can anyone help me regarding this

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

You woudl have to open the file in LiveCycle Designer to be able to get to the scripts.

Paul

Level 2

Hi Bala ji,

Have you got your form done or still looking for help? Paul said right you need to Adobe LiveCycle Designer to integrate your JavaScript within the Interactive PDF form.

Level 2

Hi tifail as Paul said I have installed the adobe life cycle designer.But i dont know where to edit the java script.

Level 2

Hi tufail can you tell me where I can view the script of the button.

Level 10

Hi,

You can set up the workspace in LC Designer to suit how you will work on your forms.

Here are some pointers (in particular note 5):

LC Designer Workspace.png

1. The Hierarchy view is fairly important, as you can select objects on the form and perform actions. For example you can wrap selected objects in a subform or click and drag objects.
  2. The Objects Library is obvious.
  3. The page layout, where you will work on positioning objects. You can also view the Master Page, the XML Source (you rarely need to go in there) and the Preview.
  4. You can select objects on the page (or in the Hierarchy) and then complete tasks. For example add script into the object's events.
  5. The Script Editor is very important when you want to start adding interactivity. If the editor is only one line high, then I would drag the bottom edge down, so that you can see a few lines at a time. This is where you will select the event that you want to script against (Show dropdown), set the scripting language and where the script will run (client mainly or server). You add script to an object using the Script Editor.
  6. It is worthwhile setting up other palettes, so that they are close to hand. For example, the Object, Layout, Border and Accessibility palettes and the Font and Paragraph palettes.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 2

yeah thanks Niall O\'Donovan,but im not able to c de option "Events with scripts".

Level 10

Hi,

"Events with script" will show all of the events in an object that have script. If an object does not have script then this will show a blank editor. To start adding script you would select the event that you want the script to fire.

For example, if you select a Button on your form, you may want to type in script into it's click event. Just select the click event from the Show dropdown:

Parallels Desktop1.png

You can look at script in any of the events by selecting from the "Show" dropdown.

Please note that all of these screenshots are of a form opened in LiveCycle Designer.

Niall

Level 2

Niall I am getting  the same click along with some events as you have shown in the latest screenshot.But im unable to find the script in the lock fields button in the pdf sent by paul......Could you help me out in this issue......

Level 10

Hi,

If you have a look at this post and a number beneath it, you will see how Paul calls a function from the button.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3172744#3172744

The main script is in the function.

Niall

Level 2

Ya thanks niall you post were really helpful.Now I able to add the scripts.....

Level 2

But when I open the pdf with controls in the normal adobe reader , Im able to lock all field but when I click the save button with script in the pdf , Im not able to save (it says that it can save only a blank copy).when I open in the adobe pro im able to save it.Is der any solution to save in the adobe reader 9 or we can do it only the adobe acrobat pro.

Level 2

When you complete your work in LiveCycle Designer and save it now open it in

- Adobe Acrobat (not in Reader)

- Go to "File" menu

- Click on "Save As"

- Now select 4th option "Reader Extended PDF"

- And now select last option "Enable Additional Features"

still need help feel free to post your questions here...

Level 2

Yeah Im able to save it in adobe acrobat pro,but Im not able to do it in the adobe reader.Is that we cant save the document in the adobe reader is der any solution to save it in the adobe reader

Level 2

Have you read my above points and implemented?

Level 2

The above points save as- reader extended pro is only available in adobe acrobat pro,it is not available in adobe reader

Level 2

First of all you need make your Interactive PDF reader extened to save and work in Adobe Reader. You're not getting my point so first of all implement my above said points and then you can save your PDF in Adobe Reader.

Level 10

That is correct, the ability to Reader enabled a form is not in Reader. It is only available in Acrobat or LiveCycle Resder Extensions ES2.5. See here for further info: http://assure.ly/etkFNU.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 2

issue.JPG

this wat im getting.Im not getting the option "save as"

Level 2

Able to c my link.With this how can I extend the refrence??????

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----