Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!

Saving Form Data

Level 1

Does the adobe form data have to be stored on my hard drive? I need the responses to be available on the server for others to access.

I have created several forms that users fill out and submit using the internal server. When the forms are submitted I have to be on the computer I used to distribute the form in order to see the responses. Is there a way that the responses can automatically be saved on the internal server. I currently have to manually save the responses in order for others to have access to them.

3 Replies

Employee

what is the "internal server"?

You can persist the XML data to whatever location you need via an HTTP submit, Submit, save, email submit, or an exportData() command . (assuming you have permissions to write to that location). you could even post your data to a webservice, or a database using oleDB.

Do you have Adobe LiveCycle?

Or is this application just trying to save data to a network location from Reader?

Level 1

The internal server is the company's network location. Users access the form there, fill it out and submit it. I'm the only one who can view the responses in "real-time", until I hit the "Save" button to make them available on the company network drive.

The form was created in Adobe LiveCycle (by me).

Level 1

I have a question.  I have posted it here because the tags are internal server and form distribution, but the question is about permissions.

We have set up a distributed fillable form from a link on a network that is completely closed.  There is no Internet or email allowed.  The responses collect and anyone who has Acrobat Pro can view the aggregated data; however, anyone who can view the data can also delete responses...

Is there a way to prevent deletes from being possible?