Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Saving Data in Fields

Level 2

I created a static PDF in LCD ES and set the compatibility to be with Adobe 7.0 and later. When opened in Adobe Pro 7.0 at a different computer and saved as a new file with information entered into the data fields, when re-opened after saving some of the fields will have erased the information input into them. I did have security on the document but have tried it with no security and the same problem still happens. Not sure if this needs to be posted in this forum or in the Adobe Pro forum, but as a quick review, data typed into inputable fields and then saved, is not all being saved and some fields are blank when reopened. Thank you for any assistance!

-Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

The queueing is done by th esystem and we connaot control it. Send it to LIvecyle8@gmail.com and reference this post and I will have a look at it when I get a chance.

Paul

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Level 2

Acrobat Pro 7 is the program that is not saving all the fields. The form works fine in Acrobat Pro 9 on the computer it was designed on. And the form is set for compatability with 7 and newer

Level 2

Still wondering if anyone knows why this might be happening and how I can fix it?  Thanks!

Former Community Member

The form is queued so we cannot get access to it.

Paul

Level 2

I apologize for my lack of complete knowledge in all the perticulars of this forum, how can I post it without it being queued? Or is it better for me to email you a copy?  Whatever works best for you, I appreciate the help!

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

The queueing is done by th esystem and we connaot control it. Send it to LIvecyle8@gmail.com and reference this post and I will have a look at it when I get a chance.

Paul

Level 2

Thanks for helping me figure this issue out Paul!

Former Community Member

Paul,

I am having the same problem with some data in my form not being able to be saved.  I didn't see the end of the discussion....were you able to fix it and what did you do?  Thanks

Level 2

My problem was with the "binding" of that field not being set correctly. Under most situations you want the binding set to Normal. Might want to check those fields and see if it is the same issue. If the binding is set to none then it doesn't "bind" the information to that field when saved.

Former Community Member

I have "binding" set to normal for each cell in a table.  The cells are text fields.  When I save it, the data is lost when I open it.  My other text fields that are not in a table seems to stick.  Can anyone help!!!!

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----